Abuse and neglect is cruel and criminal. It leaves physical and emotional scars that last a lifetime and often cycles into future generations.
PREVENT CHILD ABUSE NOW!
- Physical – Failure to provide food, shelter or appropriate supervision
- Medical – Failure to provide necessary medical or mental health treatment
- Educational – Failure to educate a child or attend to special needs
- Emotional – Failure to provide emotional needs, permits child to use alcohol or other drugs
- Identify Sex Offenders In Your Area
- Information available for parents - Child ID Kit, Finger Printing and more
- Anyone suspecting abuse or neglect is obligated, by law, to report it to the DFPS or to a law enforcement agency.
- There is a 48-hour reporting requirement for professionals.
- Reports are confidential.